OutBack Power > 10.3 kW FLEXpower THREE Fully Pre-Wired & Factory Tested Triple Inverter System - UL 1741 SA Compliant
Fully Pre-Wired Triple Inverter System - 120/208 VAC, 60Hz
UL 1741 SA, CA Rule 21, and HECO Rule 14H Compliant
Ships in approximately 3-4 Weeks
Triple VFXR3648A 10.3 kW FLEXpower THREE (FP3 VFXR3648A-01), prewired AC & DC boxes with AC bypass 175A DC breakers, PNL-GFDI-80Q and 80 Amp charge controller breakers, HUB 10.3, RTS, FLEXnet DC, surge protectors plus three FLEXmax 80 MPPT controllers, MATE3s and brackets.
NOTE: All FLEXpower systems will once again be provided with MATE3s.
FLEXpower THREE FXR
120/208 VAC, 50/60 Hz
46" x 58.425" x 13"
- Factory tested, pre-wired and pre-configured systems
- Fast installation—just hang on the wall with the bracket (included) and make connections
- Off-grid and grid-tied functionality in one flexible system
- Powerful system in a compact, space-saving footprint
- Field-upgradable software
- Ample AC and DC breaker provisions
- In grid-tied or off-grid applications, stack up to 9 inverter/chargers for three-phase power needs
- GridZero technology effectively lets users “zero out” the utility grid if enough renewables are present, reducing or even eliminating grid dependence
- Advanced Battery Charging (ABC) supports a wide range of battery technologies including lithium-ion
- All components carry necessary ETL certifications
OutBack’s pre-assembled and pre-wired FLEXpower systems are now equipped with the updated
FXR Series Grid/Hybrid inverter/chargers. This means that the most advanced Grid/Hybrid inverter features are now available on the industry’s most trusted and proven systems platform, for unmatched flexibility and value.
- 3 models available for 120/208VAC applications, ranging from 9kW to 10.8kW.
- 50Hz/60Hz selectable for regional diversity.
- Programmable for seven different modes including GridZero ,which blends utility power and stored renewable energy, minimizing grid dependence; also Support Mode for seamless generator integration.
- Advanced Battery Charging (ABC) with expanded charging voltages and time parameters accommodates charging profiles of new and emerging storage technologies including Lithium Ion, and Aqueous types.
- Field-upgradability eliminates system down-time for critical updates.
- Remote system control and monitoring available through any internet-enabled device with OPTICS RE.
The FLEXpower THREE is ideal for three-phase power needs such as larger residential, farms and agricultural installations, light commercial applications including small businesses, stores and restaurants, and remote facilities, with all necessary components integrated into a compact hang-on-the-wall system with a minimal footprint.
The Future of Grid-Tie Stability
As more PV is installed on electrical grids, grid operators need flexible tools to help ensure stability and reliability. Areas with the highest PV penetration rates (Hawaii and California) will soon require grid interconnected systems to have "Grid Support" functions.
OutBack Power is certifying the Radian Series inverter/chargers (along with the FXR Series in the near future) under the new UL 1741 SA test standard to demonstrate compliance with these new requirements from CA Rule 21 and HECO Rule 14H.
What is UL 1741 SA and When Does it Take Effect?
UL 1741 SA is the new safety test standard certifying products which meet the rigorous requirements needed to ensure safe and reliable operation in support of grid modernization efforts. Grid support or "smart inverter" functionality will be required by Hawaii and California beginning September 8, 2017.
Although Hawaii and California are the first states to require grid support functions, expected updates to the IEEE 1547 interconnection standard will make these functions mandatory throughout most of North America within two to three years.
Is Grid Support Important?
As the PV market has grown, the industry has seen increasing grid instability, voltage rise limits, and a lack of standard communication protocol. With added grid support functions, the Radian Series inverter/chargers are being listed to UL 1741 SA, solving key grid integration challenges. UL 1741 SA compliance is planned for OutBack's FXR A Series in the near future.
With the advent of grid support technology, UL 1741 SA compliant models can regulate voltage and power, and they can prevent loss of power generation due to grid disturbances.