Outback Mate 2 > Remote Monitor and Control
Manufacturer Part Number: Mate2
The MATE system display and controllers are complete management tools for your OutBack Power system. Through the use of a single MATE you can remotely manage and monitor multiple inverter/chargers, MX60s and any future OutBack power conversion and control products.
||Flush mount without RS232
||3.1" (8 cm) backlit LCD - four line, 80 alpha numeric characters
||6 backlit silicone keys - dedicated inverter and AC input keys
||Two LED Status Indicators - AC input (yellow), inverting (green)
||Proprietary OutBack Multi-drop using an OutBack HUB4 or HUB10
||Standard CAT 5 network cable with RJ45 modular jack - 10' (3 m) included
|PC Computer Interface
||RS232 opto-isolated DB9 jack 9600 baud serial communication (not included)
||16 MHz low power consumption version
|Setpoint and Data Memory
||32K non-volatile flash RAM
|Clock / Calendar
||On-board real time clock with battery backup
||Indoor Type 1
|Maximum Cable Length
||1000' (300 m)
||Standard 2 year / Optional 5 year
||1 lb (.5 kg)
|Shipping Dimensions (H x W x L)
||5.75 x 4.25 x 2" (15 x 11 x 5 cm)
The MATE and MATE2 are packed full of features to make system management simple. The easy-to-read 3.1" (8 cm) LCD is backlit for dark operating conditions. Four soft keys allow easy context-based navigation of menus and functions. Two hot keys give immediate access to AC and inverter functions.
A built-in clock and calendar function enables timer based programming of inverter and charger operation. This permits you to set the system to work with time-of-day power rates or to limit a generatorís run time to a specific time period of the day or week. All of your settings are stored in permanent memory to eliminate the need to reprogram in the event of a system shutdown or battery replacement. The MATE and MATE2 include a RS232 port with DB9 jack for connection to the serial port of a PC computer. Through the use of optional WinVerter software you can perform such operations as data logging and graphical display of the systemís operation and performance.
More on the MATE2...
The MATE2 system display and controllers are complete management tools for your OutBack Power system. Through the use of a single MATE2 you can remotely manage and monitor multiple inverter/chargers, MX60s and any future OutBack power conversion and control products. The Mate2 is the same device as the Mate, but with a different case.
The OutBack Power Systems MATE serves several functions:
- Displays and configures the system and its componentsóthe FX Series Inverter/Charger, the FLEXmax 80 Charge Controller, and the FLEXnet DC
- Coordinates system operation, maximizes performance, and prevents multiple products from conflicting
- Permits exact adjustments of your power system through a series of convenient display screens, which allow switching among different components, viewing the status of each and changing settings
*diagram of MATE but button configuration is similar MATE
When connected to an OutBack HUB communications manager, a single OutBack MATE can:
- Link to as many as ten FX Series Inverters/Chargers, OutBack Charge Controllers and additional future OutBack Power System products
- Issue a global Bulk or EQ recharging command which includes the Charge Controllerís charging function.