OutBack Power > 3500 Watt 24 Volt FLEXpower ONE Fully Pre-Wired & Factory Tested Single Inverter System - UL 1741 SA Compliant
OutBack’s pre-assembled and pre-wired FLEXpower systems are now equipped with the updated FXR A-Series Grid/Hybrid inverter/chargers.
UL 1741 SA, CA Rule 21, and HECO Rule 14H Compliant
Ships in approximately 3-4 Weeks
OutBack's FLEXpower ONE system (FP1 VFXR3524A-01) is capable of off-grid or grid-connected operation in a single unit. This means the most advanced Grid/Hybrid inverter features are now available on the industry’s most trusted and proven systems platform, for unmatched flexibility and value. Some of the new features and technologies include:
FLEXpower ONE FXR
120 VAC / 60 Hz
19.75" x 33.5" x 13"
The FLEXpower ONE FXR A-Series is ideal for residential and commercial applications including cabins, vacation homes, farm buildings, remote communications sites and back-up power systems, with all necessary components integrated into a compact hang-on-the-wall system with a minimal footprint. Up to nine inverters can be combined in a 3-phase system with the 12V, 24V or 48V models, and up to 36kW in a grid-tied 24V or 48V system. The exclusive modular system architecture means that increased power output is just an additional FXR inverter/charger away.
- 6 models available for 120VAC or 230VAC applications, ranging from 2500W to 3600W.
- 50Hz/60Hz selectable for regional diversity.
- Programmable for seven different modes including GridZero, blending utility power and stored renewable energy, minimizing grid dependence and also providing a Support Mode for seamless generator integration.
- Advanced Battery Charging (ABC) with expanded charging voltages and time parameters accommodates charging profiles of new and emerging storage technologies including Lithium Ion, and Aqueous types.
- Field-upgradability eliminates system down-time for critical updates.
- Remote system control and monitoring available through any internet-enabled device with OPTICS RE.
The FXR A-Series of inverter/chargers are available in sealed or vented units with NEMA type 1 die-cast aluminum chassis designed to operate in the harshest environmental conditions such as high temperatures, humidity or corrosive salt air. These inverter/chargers continue in OutBack’s tradition of absolute dependability in mission critical installations no matter how harsh or challenging the conditions.
- Single-phase 120V, Sinewave Output in 12V, 24V, or 48V Versions
- 2000W, 2500W or 3000W Sealed Models
- 2800W, 3500W or 3600W Vented Models
- Programmable for Seven Different Modes with Generator Assist
- Modular, Stackable Design for up to Nine Inverters in Three-phase and 10 Inverters in Grid-tied
- Up to 93% Operating Efficiency
- Field Upgradable Software
- Now Comes Standard with a 5-Year Warranty and Optional 10-Year
- (1) VFXR3524A Inverter/Charger
- (1) FW-IOBD-120/240VAC
- (1) PNL-GFDI-80
- (1) MATE3
- (1) HUB10.3
- (1) RTS (Remote Temperature Sensor)
- (1) FM-80 FLEXMax80-150VDC Charge Controller
- (1) FN-DC FLEXnet DC
- (1) FW-SP-250 FLEXware Surge Protector
- Mounting Bracket
- Additional AC Breakers
- Mounting Locations for GFCI Outlets
- AC and DC Wiring Boxes
- Battery and PV Array Breakers
The FLEXpower ONE FX-R Series is ideal for residential and commercial applications including cabins, vacation homes, farm buildings, remote communications sites and back-up power systems, with all necessary components integrated into a compact hang-on-the-wall system with a minimal footprint.
The Future of Grid-Tie Stability
As more PV is installed on electrical grids, grid operators need flexible tools to help ensure stability and reliability. Areas with the highest PV penetration rates (Hawaii and California) will soon require grid interconnected systems to have "Grid Support" functions.
OutBack Power is certifying the Radian Series inverter/chargers (along with the FXR Series in the near future) under the new UL 1741 SA test standard to demonstrate compliance with these new requirements from CA Rule 21 and HECO Rule 14H.
What is UL 1741 SA and When Does it Take Effect?
UL 1741 SA is the new safety test standard certifying products which meet the rigorous requirements needed to ensure safe and reliable operation in support of grid modernization efforts. Grid support or "smart inverter" functionality will be required by Hawaii and California beginning September 8, 2017.
Although Hawaii and California are the first states to require grid support functions, expected updates to the IEEE 1547 interconnection standard will make these functions mandatory throughout most of North America within two to three years.
Is Grid Support Important?
As the PV market has grown, the industry has seen increasing grid instability, voltage rise limits, and a lack of standard communication protocol. With added grid support functions, the Radian Series inverter/chargers are being listed to UL 1741 SA, solving key grid integration challenges. UL 1741 SA compliance is planned for OutBack's FXR A Series in the near future.
With the advent of grid support technology, UL 1741 SA compliant models can regulate voltage and power, and they can prevent loss of power generation due to grid disturbances.