Morningstar 30 Amp 12 / 24 / 48 VDC MPPT Charge Controller
The Morningstar TriStar 30 Amp Charge Controller (TS-MPPT-30) is designed for off-grid PV systems as large as 1,600 watts, and is rated for 30 amps at up to 150 volts PV open circuit. This product is extremely reliable since it has a robust thermal design, no internal cooling fan and no mechanical relays. The TriStar MPPT is well suited for large professional and consumer PV applications such as remote telecommunications and off-grid homes.
Solar Battery Charging
Dimensions (W x H x D)
11.4" x 5.1" x 5.6"
Morningstar's TriStar MPPT solar controller
with TrakStar Technology (TS-MPPT-30) is an advanced maximum power point
tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the
industry's highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly
finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the
first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of
Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insulation levels
Extremely High Reliability
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency
- Peak efficiency of 99%
- Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
- Low self-consumption
- Continuous operation at full power to 45° C without need to de-rate
- Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar's MS View software.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
- Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
- EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser orsend email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED's display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports