Enphase > Ensemble Communications Kit
Communication Kit enables direct communication between the IQ Battery, the IQ System Controller, and the IQ Gateway or IQ Combiner box. It uses 2.4 GHz and 915 MHz frequencies in parallel for maximum reliability.
Enphase Ensemble Communications Kit (COMMS-KIT-01) contains a wireless USB adapter to install in an Enphase IQ Combiner or near an Enphase IQ Envoy. The kit enables wireless communication between the Enphase IQ Envoy or Enphase IQ Combiner and Enphase Encharge storage as well as Enphase Enpower Microgrid Interconnection Device (MID). Note that you must install the Ensemble Communications Kit to enable complete functionality of the Ensemble energy management system. The kit includes both 2.4GHz and sub-GHz wireless radios. The Ensemble system seamlessly switches between the two bands to ensure reliable wireless communication.
Read and follow all warnings and instructions in this Guide. If you do not fully understand any of the concepts, terminology, or hazards outlined in these instructions, refer installation to a qualified electrician or installer. These instructions are not meant to be a complete explanation of a renewable energy system. All installations must comply with national and local electrical codes. Professional installation is recommended.
Ensemble / COMMS-KIT-01
- Durable NEMA type 3R enclosure
- Ten-year limited warranty
- Controls safe connectivity to the grid
- Automatically detects grid outages
- Provides seamless transition to backup
- Connects to the load or service entrance side of the main load panel
- Centered mounting brackets support single stud mounting
- Supports conduit entry from the bottom, bottom left side, and bottom right side
- Supports whole home and partial home backup and subpanel backup
- Up to 200A main breaker support
- Includes neutral-forming transformer for split phase 120/240 V backup operation