Morningstar SureSine 300 Watt Off-Grid Inverter for Brazil
The Morningstar SureSine (SI-300-220B) is a 300 watt pure sine wave inverter (12 volt DC input) designed specifically for remote off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. It is an ideal inverter for rural electrification projects, telecom, remote cabins and weekend homes, and RV or caravans and boats. The SureSine's combination of performance, features and competitive price provides the best small inverter value on the market. This special model is designed specifically for applications in Brazil.
|Continuous Power Rating
|Peak Power Rating (10 mins)
|DC Input system voltage
||Pure sine wave
|AC Output voltage (RMS)
|AC output frequency
The SureSine inverter has been developed using Morningstar's power electronics expertise and 25 years of experience with remote off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. This product is a pure sine wave inverter designed specifically to meet the needs of rural PV electrification requiring AC power including solar home systems, schools, community centers and health clinics. This inverter is also a good choice for small PV systems for telecom, remote cabins and weekend homes, and RV/caravans and boats.
- Special Suresine model designed for Brazil applications
- Pure sine wave
- Handles up to 200% surge
- 55mA self consumption (standby mode)
- No internal cooling fan
- Adjustable and Programmable
- Toroidal transformer design
- Peak efficiency of 92%
- Extensive electronic protections with automatic recovery
- Protected against harsh tropical and marine environment
The SureSine's combination of performance, features and competitive price provides the best small inverter value on the market. It is highly reliable, having no internal cooling fan or other moving parts prone to failure.
Improved Load Operation
- Pure Sine Wave Provides quality AC equivalent to grid power. A sine wave will extend the life of the household appliances (lights, TV, fans) and improve load performance.
- Outstanding Surge Capability Handles a 200% surge during load start-up, to a maximum of 600 watts.
More Power available
- High efficiency A high peak efficiency will reduce heating and make more solar energy available for powering loads.
- Low Self-Consumption The SureSine consumes 450mA while powering loads. During no load conditions, solar energy is not wasted because the SureSine automatically powers down to stand-by mode, reducing self-consumption to one tenth of operating consumption
Extremely High reliability
- Extensive electronic Protections The SureSine has extensive electronic protections that will automatically protect against faults and user mistakes such as short circuit, overload, high temperature and low voltage disconnect. Recovery from most faults is automatic.
- No internal Cooling Fan A key design objective since fans often fail in harsh environments and are noisy, consume power and blow dirt into the electronics.
- Tropicalization The SureSine uses epoxy encapsulation, conformal coating, stainless steel hardware, and an anodized aluminum enclosure to protect against harsh tropical and marine environments.
- More information The two LEDs provide important information to the user about system status and any fault conditions. An optional digital meter may be connected to the SureSine to display additional system information.
- Remote On/Off Improves safety by making it easy to install the SureSine in an inaccessible location or enclosure. Reduces system cost by avoiding the need to add an AC safety disconnect to the system.
- Adjustability Four DIP switches provide easy adjustability of several system parameters. Additional adjustability is possible via RJ-11 to RS-232 adapter to a personal computer and using Morningstar's PC software.
- Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) The SureSine will disconnect AC Output when the battery discharges below the LVD setpoint (after a four minute delay). AC Output will resume when the battery has recharged to Low Voltage Reconnect (LVR) setpoint. The LVD/LVR thresholds are adjustable using DIP switch 2.
- Audible LVD Warnings: The SureSine will beep four (4) times when the battery discharges to the LVD Warning threshold voltage. The SureSine will beep twice when Low Voltage Disconnect occurs. The LVD Warning occurs 0.3V above the selected LVD threshold.
- High Voltage Disconnect (HVD) The SureSine will shut down and disconnect AC Output if battery voltage exceeds 15.5V. Automatic reconnection when battery voltage decreases to 14.5V.
- High Temperature Disconnect (HTD) If the SureSine heatsink temperature rises above 95°C, an HTD fault will occur and the SureSine will disconnect the AC Output. Normal operation will automatically resume when the heatsink cools to 80°C.
- Over-current Protection Full electronic protection against AC overloads. Fully automatic reconnect after 10 seconds.
Short Circuit Full protection against short circuits on AC Output. Three (3) automatic retries every 10 seconds. If a short circuit still persists after three (3) retries, the fault must be manually cleared in one of the following ways:
- Turn the remote switch off, then on (or disconnect/reconnect jumper)
- Disconnect, then reconnect battery power.
- Reverse Polarity Protected by fuses against reverse battery connection. Fuses must be replaced to resume normal operation.